Signed cdv of Union General George P. Ihrie.
Ihrie signs the card on the back with a french phrase and "Denver C. T." and an 1866 date. Pre-war Indian fighter, Ihrie served on General Grant's staff during the war.
Trenton, NJ photographers b/m.
$275.00 plus shipping
George Percy Ihrie
Residence was not listed; 33 years old.
Enlisted on 9/1/1861 at Camp McDougal, CA as a Lieut Colonel.
On 9/4/1861 he was commissioned into Field & Staff CA 3rd Infantry
He Resigned on 12/12/1861
On 5/7/1862 he was commissioned into
US Volunteers Aide-De-Camp
He was discharged on 8/18/1863
(Subsequent service in US Army until 07/01/1873)
* Colonel 5/7/1862 (Colonel & Additional Aide-de-Camp)
* Brig-General 3/13/1865 by Brevet (Declined appointment)
* Lt Colonel 3/2/1867 by Brevet
* Colonel 3/2/1867 by Brevet
* Brig-General 3/2/1867 by Brevet
born 10/6/1827 in Easton, PA
died 2/26/1903 in Asbury Park, NJ