Click on the image for a better view:

Cdv of William L. Wilson 142nd PV wounded at Gettysburg
Cdv of William L. Wilson 142nd PV Infantry wounded at Gettysburg. Fine condition, unsigned cdv with no b/m.
Image comes with a copy of a signed image of Wilson and biographical information. (shown below).

$195.00 plus shipping

Battle of Gettysburg
Soon after the assignment of General Meade to the command of the army, General Reynolds was directed to take command of the right-wing, composed of the First and Eleventh Corps, General Doubleday succeeding to the command of the First Corps, General Rowley to that of the Third Division, and Colonel Biddle, of the One Hundred and Twenty-first, of the First Brigade.
Upon the arrival of the brigade upon the field, it was formed in line in the open ground, to the left of the wood where General Reynolds fell, and soon became the target of the enemy's batteries in front and right flank. Its position was frequently shifted to avoid the fire, but it stubbornly held its ground. Finally, just previous to the general advance of the enemy along the whole front, from beyond the Millersburg Road on his right, to the Alms House on his left, a part of the brigade was ordered to the support of General Stone's Brigade, which had been hard-pressed by infantry. But at that moment the enemy.was descried advancing in double lines, from a wood three-quarters of a mile to the left and front of the ground where the brigade was posted, and it was immediately wheeled into position to meet it, the One Hundred and Forty-second holding the right of the line, until joined, a few minutes later, by the One Hundred and Fifty-first, which was moved up by order of General Rowley, to fill a gap existing between this and the Iron Brigade, further to the right.
For some time the brigade maintained its position against a vastly superior force. The enemy not only poured in rapid-fire in front, but moved a body of his troops along the road to the left, and completely flanked the position. With ranks terribly thinned, the brigade could hold its ground no longer, and the left of the line began to crumble. The One Hundred and Forty-second fell back slowly. The One Hundred and Fifty-first, on its right, held its ground a few minutes longer.
Colonel Biddle, seizing a stand of colors, gallantly rode forward, and the line instinctively about wheeled and followed him. The horse of Colonel Biddle was shot. Colonel Cummins fell mortally wounded. His horse had been killed a few minutes previously. Near him fell the Acting Adjutant, Lieutenant Tucker.
The regiment again fell back slowly towards the Seminary. Here it joined a mass of men from various brigades and divisions, in some confusion, who was holding and continued to hold the position until the batteries had been withdrawn, and the enemy, moving along the road south of the Seminary; had completely flanked the position.. As the troops retired through the town; they were subjected to a severe fire from a flanking column, which was sheltered by fences and buildings.
On reaching the Cemetery, whether it had been ordered, the remnant of the regiment was collected, and less than a hundred were in rank. About forty, who had become separated from the rest in the retreat, re-joined them before morning. The appearance of General Sickles, riding into the enclosure where the men were resting, with his staff and corps ensign, was hailed with cheers, as the first assurance that the remainder of the army was not far off. In reply to a question, the General said pleasantly that his boys were there, and were anxious for a fight.
In the action of the 2d, the regiment was not involved but was held in reserve just back of the Cemetery, on the Taneytown Road. On the morning of the 3d, together with the One Hundred and Twenty-first, it was moved to the left, half a mile, and posted on the right of Stoners Brigade, mid-way between the Cemetery and Round Top. In the terrible artillery duel, which opened at a little after noon, it was exposed, in open ground, to the full effect of the deadly missiles. Almost the entire field was in full view from the position it occupied. The rebel fire was unusually accurate. Caisson after caisson on the Union side was exploded, and guns were disabled. But new caissons were speedily brought up, and fresh batteries were hurried forward to take the places of those lost, preserving an unbroken front. The grand charge of the infantry which followed, struck with its main force to the right of the line where the regiment stood, and it consequently suffered little loss, and easily held its position.
Captain Charles H. Flagg, serving on the staff of General Rowley, was killed, near the close of the day, one of the last officers of the Union army who laid down his life on the Gettysburg field. The loss to the regiment in the entire battle, was fifteen killed, one hundred and twenty-six wounded, and eighty-four missing and prisoners; an aggregate of two hundred and twenty-five. Colonel Cummins, Captain Flagg, and Lieutenants Andrew Gregg Tucker, and Edward Hurst, were of the killed, and Captains Adam Grimm, Charles P. Evans, William Hasson, andJ. M. Dushane, and Lieutenants Frank M. Powell, J. Robert Walter, Samuel S.Swank, Cyrus P. Heffley, Charles E. Huston, and Jeremiah Hoffman, and William L. Wilson, Acting Adjutant General of the brigade, were of the wounded.